Friday, September 20, 2013

Monthly sketch time

Evening everyone

Well I'm so sorry that I'm running late and you all must be sick of hearing my excuses but yet again I've had sickness in my family and I've been working pretty hard so I've very tired and thankfully I had my card done early for this challenge as I haven't stepped foot into my craftroom in over a week.

I took my mother away for the weekend last week for bingo, shopping and a relax as it's her birthday next week so it was sort of an early birthday pressies, you know so mother/daughter girlie time. We have a wonderful time until my poor hubby rang me from home letting me know that he had picked up that terrible gastro but which has been going around our town for a couple of weeks due to it being very dry as we haven't had any rain for quiet a while. Unfortunately I was unable to drive home on the Friday night as I'd had a couple of glasses of wine when we had an amazing dinner at Scampi's in Port Macquarie, he said he'd be ok and not to rush home the next day either but I felt really bad as there was nobody home to look after him. So now's it's mum's time to be sick, had to call an ambulance last night as she was dizzy, having trouble breathing and just feeling yuk. Tried the after hours Dr but he didn't want a bar of it so I had to call an ambulance, thankfully they where wonderful with her and she was taken into hospital where she still is on IV antibiotics for an infection. Found out last night with older people a simple gastro, chest, etc infection can lead to a septic infection which can kill elderly people.

So now that's all my family history for now so better get onto what I'm actually here for which is this week's challenge over at Bearly Mine Designs and we have an amazing sketch for you all to have fun with.

 
I decided to make this sketch the first Christmas card for the year, so I think I will be doing a few of those in the next coming challenges to try and get on top of them early the year. For a card maker I usually end up just buying some cheap ones and putting them in the mail late as I always run out of time to get enough made.
 
Our sponsors for this challenge are
 



Crafter's Companion offering a £10 voucher
 
 
 
offering a pack of ribbons in gorgeous purples and yellows
 

and
our newest sponsor

Craftz Boutique offering a £15 voucher

 




 
So now onto my card for the above sketch, as always I just love using a sketch, I actually had the card made before I even picked the image I was going to colour.
 
 
 
 
 
So the products I've used are
 
Bearly Mine Designs - Christmas Glee & Freebie
Deconstructing Jen Digi stamp
American Crafts cs
I Am Roses flowers
Marianne Designs Die
Kaiser Pearls
Marvvy Liquid Applique
Ribbon
Bell
 
I just love my Deconstructing Jen Digi Christmas set but unfortunately they are no longer available.
 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.
 
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
 
 
Through the Craftroom Door - Always Anything Goes
 
Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes
 
Scrapbook Stamp Society - Anything Goes + Ribbon + Flower
 
Well that's it for me tonight, I look forward to seeing what you all come up with, now I'm hoping that more of you will come along and join in the fun as I've noticed that not too many people have joined us so far. I really thought more people would love sketch's as it makes life so much easier.
 
Nighty nite and happy crafting.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creation. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card!Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Greetings Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a beautiful christmas card Jules.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. The bell on her hat is adorable. Really sweet.

    So sorry to hear about all the illness in your family. I hope your Mother and husband are soon back to normal.

    Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas card - love the fabulous traditional colours.
    Thanks for playing along with The Divas this week.
    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowie. Great take on the sketch. Gorgeous papers and colouring. Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Christmas Card! I love the image. thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card. Love your design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Creative Card Crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling by and leaving me a message, I appreciate you taking the time to pop on over and have a look at my creations.