Monday, May 5, 2014

May challenge at White with 1

Good evening

So with being on holidays I've actually managed to get this months challenge over at White with 1 completed and it's only the 5th of the month. Woo Hoo

So the challenge this month is

ww1 gold
 
This was quiet a difficult challenge as I don't have a lot of gold in my stash as it isn't something I use often as I tend to use silver more frequently, so this is what made it more of a challenge.
 
 
 
 
 
 
So the photo I've used in this layout is of mum & dad's XK120 Jag that dad completely rebuilt, they went away on their honeymoon in this car and held onto it for a few years but unfortunately when they started planning their family it had to go as it was only a two seater, hence no where for a baby seat.
 
Had the whole day in my craftroom creating this layout along with another one but even though I've still got over another 3 weeks off work I'll be away for most of the rest of the month which means not much crafting time.
 
The products I've used
 
Cremen Creations crochet flower, charms & fake crystal leaf
American Crafts cs
Crafters Companion misting stencil
Tattered Angels glimmer mist
Prima Flower
Making Memories, Basic Grey & American Crafts alpha's
Spellbinder Nestabilities dies
Stampin Up border punch
Misc cs
Beads
String
Brads
 
So that's me for this post, will be back shortly with another.
 
Have a great week.

5 comments:

  1. Whooo congrats on getting this done so quick, love your use of gold and all its tones. Thanks for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout ... thanks for playing at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page, and I just love the story behind it! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering you had so little in the way of gold in your stash you've just an awesome job. Love your innovative use of the beads and charms scattered across the page. Hope you'll join us at WW1 again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh Jules what a cool story to the photo hunnie, you have nailed the gold with this layout I just love the twine! Thanks so much for joining us at White with 1 this month and goodluck! Blessings from Amy Prior xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for calling by and leaving me a message, I appreciate you taking the time to pop on over and have a look at my creations.